Our goal this year has been to make restores great again – and as part of that goal, we have now added the ability to restore “more files” backups (files that are not part of your WordPress install, but that you may still wish to backup, such as directories on your web-server). Some time ago, UpdraftPlus added the feature to backup more files, however this has always been a manual restoration task. But now, thanks to the latest version of UpdraftPlus, these backups can now be automatically restored.
With the imminent release of PHP 7.4, we have added support for PHP 7.4 to UpdraftClone, allowing you to now easily test your themes, plugins and other changes on a 7.4 clone before upgrading to your live server.
With WordPress 5.3 also being released soon, we have updated our clone process, allowing the new 5.3 release to be tested using UpdraftClone. We have also made it easier to create clones of your sites by adding the ability to use existing remote backups for your clone; so now there is no need to create a new backup for a clone if you feel there is no need.
In addition to these new updates, we have also made various tweaks and fixes to keep UpdraftPlus running smooth and compatible with future WordPress and PHP releases.
- FEATURE: Add support for PHP 7.4 in UpdraftClone
- FEATURE: Added the ability to restore “more files” backups
- FEATURE: Add OneDrive Germany compatibility
- FIX: Failure to send existing translation version with update checks (on paid versions) resulted in redundant translation updates
- FIX: Deal with a BackBlaze “first chunk too small” error correctly when doing chunked uploading
- TWEAK: Block any updates from occurring during a restore
- TWEAK: Force the predecessor Amazon S3 SDK to use virtual-hosted style bucket identification instead of path style
- TWEAK: Refactor the remote storage logging code in Addon base v2
- TWEAK: Removed the Keyy notice (Keyy now has a new owner)
- TWEAK: Add WP 5.3 support in UpdraftClone
- TWEAK: On paid versions, possibly adjust the daily update check time to favour overnight hours
- TWEAK: Get UpdraftClone supported WordPress versions during authentication
- TWEAK: Added the ability to use backups stored in remote storage for UpdraftClone
- TWEAK: Small PHP 7.4 deprecation tweaks in the Google and legacy AWS SDKs
The post UpdraftPlus release latest 1.16.20 (free + paid) version – Includes ability to restore “more files” backups appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.