UpdraftPlus release latest 1.16.25 (free & paid) version
The latest updates for UpdraftPlus (1.16.24 and 1.16.25) have now been released. These latest releases come with many new features, fixes and tweaks including the newly added ability to choose the remote storage locations that you would like to send your backups to in the “Backup Now” modal. This new feature gives users the ability to make a quick backup to just one of your backup storage destinations should you need to backup to just one location.
This update also gives users the option to configure a remote backup storage location (that may be disabled in your settings) and select it to upload to this storage location. This can be particularly useful if you are using UpdraftValt for your main scheduled backups, but still want to make a one off backup that could (for example) include temporary theme changes that you do not want to store alongside your regular backups.
As part of this update we are also improving our database backup and restore code so that it will now support migration between different ‘generate columns’ syntaxes of MySQL and MariaDB. This will help with migrations between different servers when users are using different databases. We have also added other useful improvements to the update including; handling binary data during backup and added support for the AWS Miland and Cape Town endpoints.
In addition to these new updates, we have also made various tweaks and fixes to keep UpdraftPlus running smooth and compatible with future WordPress and PHP releases.
- FIX: Dropbox since 1.16.24 was only deleting one backup files archive out of the set. i.e. Excess archives remained on Dropbox. These have to be deleted manually.
- TWEAK: Add version to CSS and JS within filenames to prevent old versions being served after update on sites which have customisations to remove the query string
- FEATURE: Support migration between different “generate columns” syntaxes of MySQL and MariaDB
- FEATURE: Added the ability to choose the remote storage locations you want to send your backup to in the “Backup Now” modal
- FIX: If non-WordPress tables are selected in the advanced ‘Backup Now’ options, then back them up (even if the saved setting to back them up is off). i.e. “Backup Now” over-ride options should have been taking priority.
- FIX: Failure to restore database ‘view’ in some rare circumstances due to the nonexistent DEFINER account and lack of privileges
- TWEAK: Handle binary data during backup
- TWEAK: Add strack_st to the lists of large logging tables and tables not requiring search/replace
- TWEAK: Make search and replace case insensitive when operating on URLs
- TWEAK: The incremental backup notice logic
- TWEAK: Update bundled updater class (YahnisElsts/plugin-update-checker) (paid versions) to version 4.9
- TWEAK: Add another tweak to paid versions’ update checking time algorithm
- TWEAK: Add the options_exist() method to backup modules that did not have it
- TWEAK: During manual backup uploads, check if the last 4 bytes are string “null” (caused by an error in uploading to Dropbox) and if so remove them. Prevents an unnecessary message about unexpected data.
- TWEAK: Show the backup label (if specified) in the UI backup progress indicator
- TWEAK: Added the facility to clear the list of existing migration sites
- TWEAK: Create default instance labels
- TWEAK: Bring list of debugging plugins up to date
- TWEAK: Add support for the AWS Milan and Cape Town endpoints (and correct a couple of existing endpoints that had wrong references)
The post UpdraftPlus release latest 1.16.25 (free & paid) version appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.