The latest updates for UpdraftPlus 1.16.42 have now been released. This latest update of UpdraftPlus comes with a great new Dropbox feature and a host of tweaks to help improve the usability and performance of UpdraftPlus for all it’s users.
This latest release comes with a new feature that now gives users the added ability to manually complete authentication of Dropbox as your remote storage option. This new feature will allow users to avoid any issues they may have had in the past with security modules or plugins that have broken the authentication flow.
We hope this new update will help improve the integration of the popular remote storage option of Dropbox for all UpdraftPlus users. The change-log for the latest update is as follows:
- FEATURE: Added the ability to manually complete authentication with Dropbox (Avoids issues where security modules/plugins break the authentication flow)
- TWEAK: Replace BlockUI’s deprecated jQuery functions and/or shorthand events with the appropriate method accordingly
- TWEAK: Replace /2/files/search Dropbox API calls with /2/files/search_v2
- TWEAK: Replace Labelauty’s deprecated jQuery functions and/or shorthand events with the appropriate method accordingly
- TWEAK: Fix broken multiple range selection’s highlighters due to the absence of jquery-migrate in the WordPress core on version 5.5
- TWEAK: Add the latest jQuery UI CSS framework for compatibility with WordPress 5.6 and all ongoing versions of WordPress
- TWEAK: Add support for PHP 8.0 in UpdraftClone
- TWEAK: Prevent a couple of PHP coding notices on PHP 8.0
- TWEAK: Tweak in the backing up of tables to reduce PHP memory use when working with very long row contents
- TWEAK: Prevent a PHP warning when starting a backup
- TWEAK: Fix a UI issue in the “send backup to remote site” options
The post Updraft adds ability to manually complete Dropbox authentication to avoid security conflicts (UpdraftPlus 1.16.42) appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.